Monday, February 23, 2009

Writing Music

Some people have "riding music" that they listen too when they're on the way to work, to school, to parties, or just for a leisurely drive. The music soothes and calms them as they tackle traffic or monotonous high way. Or, it may get them excited and pumped, ready to take on the world or party their hardest. Unfortunately, my lack of a personal mode of transportation prevents me from having "riding music" since I don't get to "ride" anywhere. LMAO.

My iTunes/iPod has about 4400 songs and I can honestly say that I listen to atleast 90% of everything there plus a bunch of other music that I have been too lazy to add to my itunes from their CD format. So, anyone can see that I love music. I listen to music while I do everything in life . . . thanks to my iPod. So, it would only make since that there are certain pieces of music that I prefer to listen to while doing the activity that serves as my bread and butter . . .



Writing Music



Right now, my favorite album to listen to when I'm trying to write these SOPs and poems for my manuscript is



Adele's 19 . . . OMGoodness! I loooove this album, especially "Daydreamer" and "Melt My Heart to Stone (video version). I saw her perform on SNL and a couple of other shows and I liked her sound. After her performance at the Grammy Awards I went to itunes to see how much her album was and it was only $7.99! SEVEN NINETY-NINE? Are you kidding me? So, I bought it. The best $7.99 I've spent in years.

What songs/albums do you listen to when you drive? write? read? paint? draw? excercise? do your hair? walk? LOL Anything special?
Leave a comment or post your own "____ Music" on your blog . . . be sure to drop me a comment to let me know if you do, so I can check out your list!



1 comment:

  1. Oooh girl, I LOVE Adele too. She is definitely in my "get her done" rotation. lol Whether it's when I need to buckle down and knock some reports out for work, clean up around the house or when I'm on my way home and need to unwind, I have her on. Also in the rotation are Janelle Monae's first cd, The Audition (FIYAH) and Joy Danalane's cd, Born and Raised. LOVE those ladies! Can't go anywhere without them! Check 'em out.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know you were here! Comments encouraged!